Tuesday 5 June 2012

Puzzle #111: Tapa; Magnetic

This variant was my favourite in constructing during the whole TVC practise series. This was because I was able to do the most with it. I have always loved Magnets puzzles. The first time I encountered them in the Dutch magazine Breinbrekers, I instantly liked how the logic worked. Somehow it just clicked for me. I always have fun constructing them as well. You can have fun with them, especially if you leave out clues like in these puzzles I put on PuzzlePicnic: #1242 and #2160. The combination with Tapa makes for a whole different way of construction. But I liked them best where the Magnets clues lead to the most deductions, instead of the Tapa part.
I think the puzzle worked out well. I wanted to make a 111 themed puzzle and I think it worked out well. It's made in a 11x11 grid. There is one single 111 Tapa clues. It is almost perfectly themed with the magnets clues as well. Each side has 6 1 clues. Just couldn't get the columns set as a three 1 clues for both plus and minus. But I like how it turned out in the end.

Rules for Tapa

Follow regular Tapa rules. Additionally the grid is made up of magnetic and non-magnetic plates. The Tapa wall is made up of non-magnetic plates. Each magnetic plate has a positive (+) and negative (-) side. Sides with the same symbol can't be orthogonally adjacent. The numbers outside the grid indicate how many of the indicated symbol appears in that row or column.


Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment